The writing projects I’ve been talking about recently have all been continuing along nicely, although things are about to shift to other projects shortly. I’ve been doing finalish revisions of Guardian III, and am within a few pages of getting to the end of this pass. My goal was to finish by the end of the month, so I may end up a few days ahead.
Even more excitingly, I ordered the print proof of Guardian I, and that arrived yesterday. It’s always very cool to see what the book looks like as an actual book for the first time. I spent all that time adjusting tabs and formatting dropcaps and so on, and seeing the proof is the pay-off.
The actual purpose of the proof is to review and see if everything is looking good as-printed. It’s close to final. I need to tweak some small things, and one bigger thing – the gutter isn’t quite right, so the lines of print are falling into the center binding a bit. It’s readable, it’s not that bad, but I plan to tweak the formatting to give it a better margin. I love how the cover looks though, and I’m really excited to start sharing that. My cover reveal is scheduled for about a month from now, so stay tuned for that!
After I finish up the last bit of Guardian III and make formatting edits to Guardian I, I’ll be turning to a totally different focus…sort of. I plan to spend March doing some new writing, as I have two short stories to finish for an anthology I’m going to be published in later in the year. The anthology is about people entering into books, and one of my stories involves a ballerina entering Leroux’s Phantom…so it’s not an entirely new focus! But it is pretty different, and I’m looking forward to doing some new writing soon.