Saturday Snapshot: Phantom Fashion

I had a fun package arrive this week.  I realized that I was missing a vital resource for my upcoming trip–a shirt to wear when I attend Phantom of the Opera.  I had one that I wore to the last, er, six performances I saw, but it got a stain on it.  So I went on CafePress to solve this problem…

I wanted something a little more unique than just the logo, and this looked fun.  Tip if you ever buy from CafePress though–they cut large!

And now I need your opinion on something.  So I definitely wear the shirt to the play–do I also wear it to the Paris Opera House?  Is it a fun conversation-starter, or does it brand me as the crazy fangirl who’ll be the 1,000th person to ask about Box Five?

Decisions, decisions.  Let me know what you think 🙂 and of course, check out more Saturday Snapshots on At Home with Books.

This entry was posted in Saturday Snapshot and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Saturday Snapshot: Phantom Fashion

1. Hmmm, that is a tough one. If it were me, I probably wouldn’t wear it, but I don’t have much in the way of nerves. I’d say dianem57’s advice is spot on.

Regardless, I fully expect you to come back with photographic evidence of the Opera Ghost. Don’t disappoint me. Or a disaster beyond your imagination yadda yadda yadda.

2. Carl V. says:

I say do what makes you happy and don’t worry about what others will think of you!

3. That’s a fun T-shirt! I’ve been away from a week, so I’m catching up. My Saturday Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/a62PX

4. irene says:

I don’t know about crazy, a little out there maybe? Great shirt, enjoy the performances.

5. Staci@LifeintheThumb says:

The shirt is cool! I must see this one day!!!

6. That shirt is so cool! I say wear it wherever you want as long as you are comfortable with it. I think I’d want to be dressier for the opera house, but that’s just me. Now if it was a Doctor Who event you could bet I’d be in my Tardis T-shirt. 🙂

I think the T-shirt is perfect for the play. It’s different from the usual fan T-shirts people wear. For visiting the actual Opera House, I think it depends on how you want to be perceived. If you don’t mind being seen as a tourist, then wear it. (Nothing wrong with that, and it IS what you are.). If you want to be seen as someone who has an interest in the Opera House aside from the Phantom connection, then don’t wear it. That’s my take on it. 🙂

8. Diane says:

Love the shirt Phantom if theOpera is one of my favorites.

9. Kailana says:

I love the shirt! I now want one of my own. 🙂

10. Go for it! Why not?

Here is my Saturday Snapshot post!

11. I’m at the point in life if I want to do something (unless it’s illegal!), I’ll go ahead. Go for it!

Here’s MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

12. ov099 says:

My shirt is the full mask as on the playbill logo, but mighty large, takes up the whole shirt. Totally love it. Think it also from Cafepress… but alas, didn’t have it until a couple years after the one and only time I’ve seen it. Maybe one day if it’s ever possible to see it again, I’ll wear it as my uniform. 😉