Saturday Snapshot: My Tardis

Last weekend of the Sci Fi Experience, so it’s a good Saturday for a sci-fi themed Snapshot.

My most unusual present this past Christmas (and probably the past several Christmases!) was a phone booth.  Not full-size, but big enough to be practically furniture, probably about three feet tall.  I’ve been absolutely mad about London for years, so I loved it right away for that.

And because I’ve been working my way through Doctor Who for the last six months, well, I couldn’t resist the possibilities.  I know the Tardis is a blue police box, not a red phone booth…but still!  It was geeky enough already, so then I had to make it more so by putting characters in the windows: David Tennant’s Doctor at the top; second row: Rose, Martha, Donna; third row: Christopher Eccleston’s Doctor and Captain Jack; an extra David Tennant for good measure and then, just because I can, Clark Kent changing into Superman in a phone booth.

I did this before watching Seasons 5 and 6 of Doctor Who…I’ve watched them now, and I might go back and replace Martha with Amy and Rory.  Matt Smith, although he’s been steadily growing on me through Season 6, still needs to convince me that I should substitute him for my second David Tennant.

If I could figure out how to make it bigger on the inside, it would be wonderful for storage.  But it’s still an actually useful piece of furniture, as it currently holds all my CDs.  I have an iPod, but I like keeping CDs anyway.

So–what’s the most random thing YOU own? 🙂

This entry was posted in Saturday Snapshot and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Saturday Snapshot: My Tardis

1. Jyoti says:

The great London Symbol! Thanks for stopping by my SS

2. Care says:

Can you believe I saw my first Doctor Who a few months ago!? crazy late to this party…

3. What a fabulous gift! It looks like you’re enjoying it. I can’t think of anything random that I own.

4. This is awesome. Lucky you. I don’t own anything too different,

5. I love it!! This is way cool and a conversation starter!

6. kaye says:

What??? No Dr with the long scarf and curly hair? That tells you how long ago we used to watch Dr. Who! Lol.

That’s a very cool phone booth! What an unusual item to use as decoration and storage. It seems perfect for you, since you are such an Anglophile.

8. Mary says:

What a fun gift!

9. Wrighty says:

Your phone booth is amazing! And it’s even better because your craftiness made it your own! Love the Superman addition. 🙂 I haven’t watched Dr. Who in a long time but now I’m curious again. Great photo!

10. Alyce says:

You can never have too many photos of David Tennant around! My husband got me some prop money from Donna’s wedding episode and it’s framed in my dining room. Love your phone box!

11. I’m terribly envious right now. I want a phone box too (preferably a blue one of course), and think yours is great. I also love what you’ve done with the pictures in the windows
    I guess all I can do is to watch another episode of Doctor Who as soon as possble. And David Tennant is the best

That’s so cool! I haven’t seen Dr. Who in years . . . I should probably pick it up again.