Saturday Snapshot: Glories of Daffodils

You know that I love daffodils.  Well, I’ve been reveling in daffodils recently!  Safeway was selling daffodils in bunches of ten, three bunches for five dollars–which just seemed to me like an obvious invitation to buy 30 daffodils…  It was a gloomy, rainy week and the perfect time to have some indoor sunshine in flower form.

I couldn’t quite capture the great massed golden glory of them, but here are my best attempts.

Visit At Home with Books for more Saturday Snapshots!

This entry was posted in Saturday Snapshot and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Saturday Snapshot: Glories of Daffodils

1. TBM says:

I just love this time of year. Great photos!

I love daffodils too. Lovely pictures.

3. bookworm says:

Those are beautiful!

4. Cipriano says:

An exquisite bouquet. Since your blog does not have a scratch-and-sniff feature, I wonder, do they smell as good as they look? Some say daffodils have no scent, others say:
    A daffodil in early spring —
    the scent is like no other thing.
    Sweet with a hint of sour, and
    freshest in the morning hour.

How do you keep your coffee table so free of clutter? Mine looks like an atomic bomb has gone off nearby!

• I love the smell of daffodils–all fresh and sweet and springlike. I’ve been on the hunt for daffodil-scented candles, for winter months before the daffodils come up, but no luck so far.

As to the lack of clutter, the responsible-sounding answer is that I try to clear off my coffee table every evening (which is true). But it’s also true that I move things when I’m taking pictures! There’s usually some books and papers lying about.

5. Melwyk says:

Beautiful photos, all three. They are full of Wordsworthian splendour 🙂 Our daffs are blooming already, so early — I love the fearless yellow of massed daffodils.

6. Libby says:

You are too humble – you DID capture the massed golden glory 🙂

Your third photo is so pretty I have set it as background on my desktop, to commemorate spring!

8. They make the room just pop!

9. Cathy says:

You just made my heart beat faster— I *love* daffs!

10. My favorite spring flowers –lovely.

11. Gorgeous! So vibrantly yellow!

12. We have been enjoyiing them early this year. They are so pretty.

13. I adore daffodils…and yours look especially captivating in your displays. Thanks for sharing…and for visiting my blog.

14. Jake says:

My daffodils opened this week here in Toronto.
    Thanks for dropping by and visiting.

Love your bright yellow daffodils. One of my friends was just lamenting this morning that the daffodils are almost done here in Ohio. I guess we’ll have to look for them in the grocery store after that. Here’s Mine

16. Vicki says:

Beautiful!! Love the bright yellow!
    Here’s My SS

17. mostraum says:

They look truly glorious! One of the perks of spring.

How glorious are all those daffodils! I collect them in bunches too only they’re not blooming here in Ontario yet. Soon, though. Soon.