Saturday Snapshot: Fluffball Ducklings

We’re heading towards summer, but I don’t think it’s too late yet for some spring duckling photos…  These adorable balls of fluff lived at my favorite park last year (they may still live there, though I don’t know who’s who among the ducks).  I haven’t got out with a camera to capture this year’s flock, but I didn’t think you’d mind getting last year’s ducklings!

This single-mother duck was busy herding half-a-dozen ducklings around.  Being a duck mother looks exhausting!

I loved it when a duckling would wander off too far, suddenly realize it, and go skittering back to mom.

Two-parent family at this end of the pond…

More fluffballs!

Visit At Home with Books for more Saturday Snapshots.

This entry was posted in Saturday Snapshot and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Saturday Snapshot: Fluffball Ducklings

Adorable little ducklings. And you have Wood Ducks on your pond! Those are so pretty. That reminds me I need to make a trip to my local pond and see if there are any little ones yet.

2. I love those little critters – awesome.

3. Edgar says:

One time I watched the ducks I notice that the mother duck has a certain easy way of gathering the small ducklings togther if they got separated.
    Monet did not have a pond with ducks and ducklings; we didn’t have an opportunity to know how he will paint them.

4. stacybuckeye says:

I LOVE baby duckings. I just want to pick them up and feel their softness.

I guess baby animals are supposed to be adorable, just like human babies, so we love them and protect them more. These definitely fit the bill. Little fluffballs. Here’s Mine

6. They are so cute. We had to stop the other day for a mom and her ducklings crossing the road. The oncoming car almost did not see them and had to screech on their brakes.

7. irene says:

Single -mother have a rough go weather they are ducks or not. I love them all fluffy and such.

8. The baby ducks are so cute! It looks like the two-parent duck family has a much easier time of it…far less babies and two to keep track of them! Thanks for stopping by mine!

9. There’s nothing cuter than baby animals!

10. Great “family” photos! They look very cute….thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

11. Love the photos. I find ducks on the water are never easy to photograph because they won’t co-operate – they keep moving! But they obviously behaved for you.

They are sooooo cute! Love watching them in photos or “live.”

13. Nothing like having your hands full! Your shots reminded me of the ‘Make Way for Ducklings ‘ story — I must have read that to my children a kazillion times when they were little! Sweet pictures!

14. I don’t even want to think about taking care of that many babies at once! 🙂

15. So cute! I love ducks and ducklings. Thanks for sharing this picture!

16. Cathy says:

I love watching baby ducks. Thanks for sharing with us!

17. That water is so green! But what fun pictures of the ducks!

My Snapshot

18. kaye says:

Oh, sooooo cute! I bet all those ducklings keep Mama Duck busy.

19. epkwrsmith says:

We had two mother ducks lay their eggs in our parking lot at work right before the semester ended!! Then, they would traipse back and forth right through traffic to get to their nests every day and then back to the lake…reminded me of the Robert McCloskey children’s story Make Way for Ducklings 🙂

20. No, don’t care a bit that it’s last year’s flock. They’re adorable just the same 🙂

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )