Saturday Snapshot: Faux Paris

I anticipate getting some wonderful shots of London and Paris in the near future–but in the meantime, this week I have fake Paris.

This is the Paris Hotel in Las Vegas.  The Eiffel Tower is immediately obvious, but I had to get farther away and at this angle before it was clear that the middle building is meant to resemble the Paris Opera House.  Or possibly the Library of Congress…

Here’s the real Opera House, until I can get there for a picture myself!

Check out At Home with Books for more Saturday Snapshots!

This entry was posted in Saturday Snapshot and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Saturday Snapshot: Faux Paris

1. Great! When I went to Vegas in May, I geeked out when I realized that building was supposed to be the Paris Opera! Because really… the only reason I was in Las Vegas in the first place was to see Phantom. Haha.

2. Diane says:

The faux landmarks at the Paris Hotel in Las Vegas are not to scale, I believe. They are shoehorned onto the property that includes the whole large hotel itself. But they are still fun to see. They evoke Paris rather than trying to replicate that beautiful, unique city.

3. Hope you make it to Paris and London even sooner than you think. London is on my Future Trip list as well.

Here’s my Snapshot.

4. Edgar says:

There is time for Paris. I hope I do also.

5. How strange to have a fake Paris! My Saturday Snapshot is very brief this week but it’s sad – a site where lepers once lived http://goo.gl/TkmQ7

6. I was going to say that a trip to fake Paris is a lot less expensive than a trip to real Paris but considering what most people go to Vegas for, that’s not necessarily true. We haven’t been for awhile but doing the Vegas strip – the pirate show at Treasure Island, the volcano and the tigers at the Mirage is such a blast! Merci for sharing!

7. I haven’t been to Las Vegas since I was a teenager (we had relatives living down there), so I haven’t gotten to see all of the newer buildings like those you have photographed. It looks like it would be hard to set the camera down!

8. irene says:

fake or not it’s a great shot.

9. Barbara says:

I guess fake Paris can be fun too if real Paris is out of reach! Thanks for sharing.

10. Fun pictures! I haven’t even made it to Faux Paris, so you’ve seen more than I have! 😉

Here is my Saturday Snapshot post.

11. Vegas is a fun place! Thanks for sharing these shots….and here’s MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

Paris is just so beautiful and fun! I was there last year and can’t wait to go back.

13. Cheryl — a fake Paris sometimes has be satisfy us — fun photos all the same.

14. Vegas can be fun too♫ Have a great week-end!

15. Dragonflydaydreams says:

Ahhh London! Aaah Paris!
    Lucky you – I look forward to future Sat. Snapshots.