Saturday Snapshot: Dreaming of Fall

I am SO ready for fall and winter.  That may partially be because of R. I. P., but mostly it’s the fault of the weather–we had a tantalizing few days of cold and clouds, before going back to upper-80s this past week.  I am trying to savor the cold mornings and pretend not to notice the hot afternoons.  I can’t wait until it’s actually cold enough for all my favorite fall and winter things–like sweaters and heavy quilts and scented candles.

In the meantime, I’m amusing myself for Saturday Snapshot this week with a sort of Fall Tableau.

What could be better on a dark and chilly evening than a cozy afghan, hot tea and warm cookies, candlelight and Hitchcock?

I’m just impatient.  I suppose it’ll get chilly soon enough…and I watched Rebecca this week anyway.

Visit At Home with Books for more Saturday Snapshots!

This entry was posted in Saturday Snapshot. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Saturday Snapshot: Dreaming of Fall

1. Barbara says:

Perfect for snuggling when the temps go south!!

2. Looks perfect! I have a mug like that too! I am also a big fan of Hitchcock’s Rebecca great watch to get you in the autumn mood. Autumn has well and truly arrived here in the UK, I’m looking out my window at fog.

3. I’m still transitioning♫ The Boy Scouts started taking orders for their Christmas wreaths for delivery the day before Thanksgiving….time just keeps speeding up!

Your photo looks very cozy. I’m already missing the warm days. Did you hear the big problem about the Broadway show Rebecca? The investor was a fake so now the cast has no funding. Guess you’ll have to stick to the movie. Here’s Mine

5. Perfect way to spend a fall evening.

6. I’m looking forward to being able to pull out my winter clothing too, although I’m not fond of scraping ice off the car in the mornings. 🙂

7. Sounds like a great way to spend an evening to me.

8. irene says:

I’d love to switch, I’ll the 80 degrees any day over these cool, wet mornings. Waiting for buses in the rain is not very pleasant. The hot tea just isn’t enough.

9. Bev Hankins says:

Mmmm. Cookie, tea and Rebecca! Love that movie (and book!). Here’s my Saturday Snapshot.

10. mdott922 says:

That looks like a perfect way to spend an autumn evening!

11. It looks very cosy! I’m going to light a candle, and sit crocheting by stripey blanket, which is big enough to keep my knees warm while I work – maybe I should do a picture of it.My Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/LAoN2

12. Your fall tableau is great – I live in L.A. so can totally related with your feelings! BTW, The Girl, the movie about Alfred Hitchcock and Tippi Hedrin is on TV tonight; I don’t think it’s scary but it’s about the master of scary so I thought you might be interested.

“Rebecca” is a great movie anytime, but there’s something about the Gothic nature of it that makes it particularly good for viewing in Fall and Winter. Hope cooler weather arrives where you are soon!

14. I can so relate to your frustration! We have also had that “teasing” kind of weather; cooler in the mornings, hinting at crisp days, only to have the thermometer edging upwards by noon. I am also very ready for fall! I like your cozy Fall Tableau.

Here’s MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

I can understand the attractions of cozy pleasures, but I do much prefer spring.

16. Rebecca definitely puts you in the mood for Autumn! I always feel that way when I’m in Portugal – the heat sometimes lingers through October and I just want it to be OVER. But in the UK, I hold on to the last remains of summer with both hands, because I know the upcoming winter is going to be dark and cold and kind of depressing.

17. Cipriano says:

Ahhh, I have seen that very same coffee cup at my Chapters store and have thought of buying it…….. after assessing how many FOREVER UNUSED coffee cups I have around here, I kept my wallet in my pocket.
    Everything looks in place, a candle, a cookie, a beverage, and a scary movie. Perfect.