Saturday Snapshot: Daffodil Season

I get ridiculously happy each year when the daffodils are in bloom.  They aren’t blooming around my neighborhood yet (though I’ve got my eye on some green spikes) but they are back in Safeway’s floral section.  I buy daffodils every week for as long as they’re available, and enjoy them immensely.

Daffodils apparently can symbolize all sorts of different things, but my favorite is as a symbol of renewal and rebirth.  And they’re supposed to be good luck!  For me, they also remind me of my first, life-changing trip to England.  Next time I go back, I plan to go in spring…because it’s off-season for the tourists, and the weather will be decent…and the daffodils will be in bloom!

I don’t have any good pictures of this year’s daffodils yet…but here are a couple riots of daffodils from past years.

Daffodils 1

Daffodils 2

Visit At Home with Books for more Saturday Snapshots!

This entry was posted in Saturday Snapshot and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Saturday Snapshot: Daffodil Season

The yellow is such a happy colour, what a lovely tradition you have.

2. Elizabeth says:

I love daffodils….I was getting jealous when I though they were blooming for real in your yard. We still have SNOW. 🙂

BEAUTIFUL photos.

Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    My Saturday Snapshot

They are gorgeous. I have a vase of pink tulips on my dining room table that make me so happy. Can’t wait for spring. Here’s Mine

4. They really are pretty. We have a few around one of our trees. I wish they weren’t so quick to disappear.

5. storygal says:

I love daffodils too and have two spots in the garden where bulbs are planted. Try growing some purple grape hyacinths nearby. Gorgeous with the purple and yellow together in spring.

6. Can’t wait to start seeing daffodils around here!

7. It must be spring!! How pretty! Have a great weekend!

8. Sunny and cheerful for sure♫♪ Much needed on this glum day here…happy week-end♥ My SS: http://lore-eleven.blogspot.com/2013/01/curve-here.html

9. Ginny says:

I love daffodils too, though sometimes the time they are in bloom seems rather brief.

10. Vicki says:

My sister’s favorite flower!! So pretty!
    Here’s My SS

11. They are so bright and cheery! I’m really looking forward to spring as well.

Beautiful display. I too am anxiously awaiting the daffodils appearance in my garden.

13. Christina says:

I love daffodils! They should be coming out within the next few weeks here…although the weather’s been so weird lately, who knows? But my favorite flowers all come in the early spring. 🙂

They’re beautiful! I also like all the tulips that come up & bloom in early spring. Both flowers are unique to that season, and so fleeting. Makes them that much more special to see.

15. They do just make you smile! Lovely sunny spots of happiness!

16. Lark says:

Count me as another daffodil lover!

They ARE such happy blooms! I love to see them naturalized in massive swaths across people’s yards or fields …

18. I feel so happy looking at those flowers!

Here is my Saturday Snapshot post!

19. I love them too as they are such happy flowers!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w