Saturday Snapshot: Whimsical Wisteria

It must be spring again–the wisteria is back in bloom.  Such a very pretty flower–it’s too bad it lasts so briefly!  I haven’t managed to snap a picture yet this year, but it’s the right season to trot out a few shots from previous springs around my neighborhood…

Wisteria (1)

Wisteria (2)

I don’t suppose there’s anything TOO whimsical about the pictures…but I couldn’t resist the alliteration opportunity!

Visit At Home with Books for more Saturday Snapshots. 🙂

This entry was posted in Saturday Snapshot and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Saturday Snapshot: Whimsical Wisteria

1. They are so pretty! I haven’t seen any of those in my new neighborhood, but lots of cherry blossoms so far.

2. Wrighty says:

I think it’s whimsical and very beautiful! Those are great photos and I can’t wait to see how pretty the wisteria is this year.

*sigh* And I can’t wait to get some flowers around here!

I love wisteria, the colour, the smell. We’re seeing glorious autumn colours here in Australia rather than your lovely spring shades.

4. those flowers are gorgeous! thank you for sharing!

5. Melwyk says:

So beautiful! Whenever I see, or hear, ‘wisteria’, I think of Elizabeth von Arnim’s novel Enchanted April — at the beginning they are tempted by a castle rental advertised “for those who love wisteria & sunshine”….

6. Brona says:

You know that spring has arrived when the wisteria reaches full bloom – stunning!
    (we’re waiting for the Virginia creeper to change colour to know that we’re in the middle in autumn.)

7. irene says:

Love wisteria, wish I could grow it. Maybe I’ll try this year. Apparently it doesn’t bloom for many years? wonder if that’s true.

8. redladysreadingroom says:

Gorgeous…love how it drapes over the fence!!

9. I do love wisteria….and it’s lovely to see it, even briefly. Thanks for sharing your “whimsical wisteria.” I like the alliteration, too.

Here’s MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

10. Lynn says:

Preeeeeeetty. Such a gorgeous flower and some lovely photos of it. ^-^ Thank you for sharing!

11. ‘Whimsical Wisteria’ is a great title and I agree these are so beautiful. Thank you for sharing Cheryl 🙂

That first photo is really stunning. It captures the beauty of this flower very well.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w