Saturday Snapshot: Growing Tomatoes

Remember I shared pictures of my new tomato plants a while back?  Well, as an update, my plants have produced tomatoes!  They’re small and green, but growing.  I’m not certain I’m ever going to wind up with a large quantity of edible results, but I’m having fun watching the plants anyway. 🙂

Tomatoes (3)Tomatoes (1)

Visit West Metro Mommy for more Saturday Snapshots!

This entry was posted in Saturday Snapshot and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Saturday Snapshot: Growing Tomatoes

1. MarthaE says:

These look wonderful for potted tomatoes. Don’t you just love the smell of their leaves too?
    Happy growing. 🙂

2. Vicki says:

Nice! I tried one of those Topsy Turvy tomato things, but it didn’t grow a thing. I want to grow a garden but we have sand instead of dirt. I would build some raised boxes, but we have so many trees I don’t know if there’s enough hours of sun anywhere.
    Here’s My SS

3. Wrighty says:

Wow – they look terrific! I bet you will be surprised by how many you get. Once they start they seem to grow like crazy! Tomatoes are the one veggie I can grow very well. You will have to give us more updates in the future. 🙂

I hope they ripen for you- homegrown tomatoes are one of the joys of life. Lovely to see the progress.

5. DoingDewey says:

How exciting! I bet they’ll be much better than the bland tomatoes you get at the store.

6. Tomatoes were some of the only things (and zucchini) that I successfully grew! It’s a good thing I love them! Thanks for sharing…and for visiting my blog.

Those look promising. There are some tasty salads in your future! 🙂

8. Oh man, now I wish I’d planted some!

9. Oh, I better take a closer look at my tomato plants. I know they need more tying up to the stakes. We were gone for almost two weeks and my whole garden is overgrown.

Congrats on seeing tomatoes — it is such a good feeling!