Saturday Snapshot: Vancouver Landscapes

Last weekend, I took a trip up to Vancouver to visit a friend.  Today, some pretty water-and-mountains photos.  Maybe another week I’ll post about the botanical gardens!

Vancouver (3)

Vancouver (1)

Vancouver (2)

This sculpture is a “Digital Orca,” and the sign says it’s melding natural elements with technology.  Everyone agrees it looks like it’s made out of Legos…

Visit West Metro Mommy for more Saturday Snapshots.  Have a great weekend!

This entry was posted in Saturday Snapshot and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Saturday Snapshot: Vancouver Landscapes

1. That’s really cool! Do you fly or is there a train?

I used to live up in the Pacific Northwest (Washington), so I always feel a little big nostalgic when I see things like this. 🙂 Love the ‘Lego’ Orca, haha!

I lived in Vancouver so it always has a special place in my heart, it’s always so beautiful, there was no Lego orca back then though. Nice to see an updated view.

3. I really like that stature but the first thing I thought of was Lego too! Thank you for sharing these lovely photos.

4. Brona says:

Lego was the first thing I thought of when I saw it too!
    I imagine at certain angles you could make the sculpture look like it was breaching the water behind it.

5. mdott922 says:

Great pictures! I’ve been to BC many times, but I’ve never actually been to Vancouver. I should remedy that sometime!

6. megwrites says:

That digital orca is killing me…Legos for sure!

7. Elizabeth says:

Gorgeous photos.

THANKS for sharing.

Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    My Saturday Snapshot

8. Vicki says:

Love the water & mountains…beautiful!!

9. Ginny says:

I also instantly thought lego, and my second thought was Minecraft, which my son is slightly obsessed with at the moment.

10. DoingDewey says:

It reminds me of giant lego sculpture too, which I think is awesome! NIce pictures 🙂

11. Arti says:

Lovely pics. Yes, that Orca sure looks like it’s made with Lego. I think that’s close by the Olympic flame during the last Winter Games, isn’t it?

12. Rahul says:

Looks great… the whale seems to be built from Lego’s 🙂 ooopss… i am not copying Lynn’s comment… it seriously looks like it…

The pictures are great… thanks for sharing…

What a peaceful -looking place! Makes me want to check it out myself.

14. Ekaterina says:

I’m totally in love with Vancouver! I was there in the end of May, and I’m missing it since then. Very nice pictures!

15. I admit, the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw that Orca was “Is that made with giant LEGO blocks?” Although on second glance they do look rather more like giant pixels than LEGO blocks to me.

I hope you had a good time visiting your friend! The pictures turned out gorgeous. Thank you for sharing. ^_^