Saturday Snapshot: Knitting Cables

I don’t plan to share every knitting project, but this one is particularly fun visually…  Now that I’m better at knitting and purling, I’m working on cables.  Most recently, I’ve tried knitting cable bracelets.

Knitting CablesI can still only knit rectangles, and it’s amazing what you can do with rectangles!  I watched this video for the pattern.  This is a pretty quick project, more complicated than a scarf but not TOO tough.  I have to actually keep track of rows and count a few stitches for this one, so it’s not as relaxing–but it keeps me from getting bored too!

Visit West Metro Mommy for more Saturday Snapshots.  Enjoy your weekend!

This entry was posted in Saturday Snapshot and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Saturday Snapshot: Knitting Cables

What a great project to use for starting to practice counting and mixing stitches!

It looks like you’re becoming very proficient at knitting. Beautiful colors. Here’s Mine

Such pretty colours. You’ll be ready for a cable jumper soon. I don’t think I’ve done any knitting since I was a kid. I’d like to find the time to try it again some day.

4. irene says:

cables are difficult, I’d be counting too.

5. Ginny says:

Oh how lovely. I really like the bluey green mix wool. I love it that knitting is infiltrating Saturday Snapshot!

That’s very cool! They would make good Christmas gifts.

7. Mari says:

That looks great! Perfect way to practice making cables. 🙂

8. My knitting skills are very basic but I really like to get better 🙂

9. Thanks for sharing…I always enjoy seeing the finished products of knitting efforts…and wish I could also knit! lol

Here’s MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST