Before I went on a writing retreat in mid-September, I put up a list of writing goals. I didn’t get to most of them on retreat, but I’ve been working away at projects since then. I thought it might be fun (and good for me to keep things straight!) to come back and see where projects stand now.
Here was the list…
- Finish revising Guardian III for beta-readers – I completed this on retreat, my main goal!
- Guardian II revisions based on second-round beta reader feedback – This got done as my first project when I came back.
- Guardian I revisions based on read-aloud review – I started this on retreat, and finished it within a few days after.
- First-round revisions for Thorns I, Part Two – This is my next project, and planned focus throughout October!
- Beta-read a friend’s novel (due by mid-October) – I sent this off to her at the end of September.
- NaNoWriMo prep for Thorns I, Part Three – Closely related to #4, this is my other October focus, especially as NaNoWriMo gets closer.
- Continue drafting short stories for planned “Bookstore Anthology” – My main project of late September, I made some good progress on my story of a ballerina falling into Leroux’s Phantom.
- Stonehenge Circle Writers’ biweekly blog prompt short story – Well, this is ongoing…
So that’s five out of eight complete, which is a nice feeling. I don’t usually have quite this many things going all at once in different stages. 😀 It’s been interesting, but I’m looking forward to being more focused again…