Saturday Snapshot: Birthday Presents

With my birthday yesterday, I thought a picture of some very cool presents would be appropriate for Saturday Snapshot!

I didn’t realise until I took this photo what very British-themed gifts I got this year–I guess my family knows my interests!  I’m planning a trip to London this fall, so the London guidebook, map and journal are quite appropriate.  That’s a “Disappearing TARDIS” mug from Doctor Who (more on that in a moment), and a Wizard of Oz CD.  You’re about to tell me that L. Frank Baum was American…and he was, but it’s Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Wizard of Oz, performed in London, with Michael Crawford in the title role.

The TARDIS is the Doctor’s time (and space) machine (it’s bigger on the inside), which appears and disappears.  In this case, when you add hot water.

The TARDIS disappears on one side...and appears on the other!

I had fun snapping those pictures.  🙂  And what could be more British than drinking tea in a Doctor Who mug?

Visit At Home with Books for more Saturday Snapshots!

This entry was posted in Ruminations, Saturday Snapshot and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Saturday Snapshot: Birthday Presents

1. I’m so jealous, I want a Doctor Who mug!

2. Oh, happy birthday! The TARDIS mug is pretty amazing.

And… didn’t you say last time you were going to Paris in the fall? Is this some big sweeping European trip?

I love the TARDIS mug too. My son would love one of those. He’s 11 and a hardcore Dr Who fan. Although he doesn’t drink hot drinks.

4. booksnyc says:

What a great collection of Brit-themed gifts! Hope you had a great birthday!

5. BermudaOnion says:

It looks like you got some great gifts! You’ll be all ready for your trip. Happy birthday a little late!

Happy Birthday! What wonderful gifts! Bet you’re counting the days until the London trip! Lucky duck!

Happy Birthday. Very cool TARDIS mug! I have one but it’s the old model, yours is much nicer.

8. OMG! I own that mug too! Isn’t it awesome? 🙂

9. What a fun array of birthday gifts — hope your trip is wonderful.

My daughter is crazy about Dr. Who. I’ll have to track down one of those mugs and send it to her at college. London right after the Olympics. Sounds lovely. Here’s Mine

11. A fellow Whovian — yay! That mug is from ThinkGeek, yes? They have a ton of “Dr. Who” stuff. The weeping angels scared me silly!

Wow, London. I’m jealous. It’s a great city.

Here’s my Saturday Snapshot. Happy weekend!

12. Carl V. says:

Great gifts! Gotta get one of those Tardis mugs. Very cool how they all fit thematically. And how exciting that you get to go visit London. That is one of my bucket list items, for lack of a better way to put it. I want to just go and take my own literary tour of the city. I’m glad too, for selfish reasons, that you got that Secret London book as I had heard of it but forgot to add it to my wishlist. So your gift gave me something as well: a kick to the gray cells! 😉

13. irene says:

Happy Birthday hope your trip is great.

14. A belated happy birthday! It looks like you got some great presents 🙂

15. epkwrsmith says:

Love it!! I love the mugs that change when the cups get hot! 🙂 I hope to visit London one day!!

16. You seem to have got wonderful gifts! Love that mug.

Here is my Saturday Snapshot post!

17. Happy belated birthday! Did you make a wish?
    I love the little journal with the strap to the side and I have to say I’m quite envious of your trip to London. 🙂

The mug is VERY cool! How do they do that?

19. Grace says:

Happy birthday!

20. Oh, happy birthday! What wonderful gifts…that mug is so much fun! Enjoy…..and thanks for visiting my blog.

21. mostraum says:

Took me a bit of time between reading this post and commenting. I just had to go on over to Amazon.co.uk to order a disapperaring Tardis mug 😉
    Happy belated birthday!

What fun gifts! I had a similar collection for my Paris trip last year. Those little guide books and moleskins come in handy.

23. Kay says:

Happy Birthday to you and what nice gifts! I know you appreciated them and that mug is really fun. Bet you can’t wait for your trip.