Saturday Snapshot: Discworld Titles

I thought I’d play with pictures and book titles today.  I just launched a Terry Pratchett Reading Challenge for the summer, so I have Pratchett on the brain–and I decided to have some fun pairing images with his book titles.

I really wanted to come up with a photo for The Fifth Elephant, but I don’t seem to have a single good elephant picture on hand.  Oh well.

Check out At Home with Books for more Saturday Snapshots!

This entry was posted in Saturday Snapshot, Summer in Discworld and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Saturday Snapshot: Discworld Titles

Such a clever post. I loved the humour and fun.

2. Cipriano says:

How inventive!
    I’ve never read any Pratchett but have heard a lot of buzz about his work.
    As an aside, and as a lover of cats — Lucky is a gorgeous beast!

Cute. I joined the read-a-long for Going Postal. I’m going to finish a Discworld book if it kills me!

They’re all so appropriate! Great photo round-up.

5. Vicki says:

What a fun thing to do! Thanks for sharing!

6. I love how you did this theme! My husband has read a few of Pratchett’s books, but I haven’t yet.

7. irene says:

What fun. Happy reading.

8. wcs53 says:

Cool idea. You seem to have had lots of fun with that. I should read the discworld books some time. Thanks for visiting my blog earlier.

9. Eugenia says:

Ha! That was great!

10. Wow-this is quite whimsical and fun-kudos to you.

11. Haha! SOOO CLEVER! I love it!

12. What a great idea. I love the guards… reminds me of A A Milne: “They’re changing guard at Buckingham Palace, Christopher Robin went down with Alice…” Now, of course, I have to try and think of a suitable picture for The Thief of Time, which is one of my favourites. And I shall go elephant hunting… my elder daughter has lots of pictures of them, but she is in the process of moving, and I don’t know if they are still here. My Saturday Snapshots are at http://chriscross-thebooktrunk.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/witches-woods-and-saturday-snapshots.html

13. What a great idea for your post this week! I love it. I’m very disappointed that the elephants all hid though….what’s up with that?

Here’s my Snapshot.

14. Edgar says:

Very attractive pairings. I have not read any of Terry Pratchett’s books. One more author I have to look for.

15. kaye says:

What a fantastic post! I love your ingeniousness.

16. Very well thought out post. Congrats! 🙂

carol

Great photos to go with your titles. I imagine elephants are harder to find in London than guards are. Here’s Mine

18. You are very creative I can tell:) Have fun with the challenge.

19. Great idea! But how about those elephants making themselves scarce? lol

Thanks for sharing…and for visiting my blog. Enjoy the weekend.

20. What a fun post! I love the way you tied the photos in with book titles!