Saturday Snapshot: Doctor Who Shirts

Every so often, I just can’t resist a good fandom t-shirt.  So I wandered into Hot Topic a few weeks ago and went exploring through the Doctor Who section.  After poking through a lot of Matt Smith (11th Doctor) merchandise, I finally found two David Tennant (10th Doctor) shirts.  The 11th Doctor is all right in his way, but I’m a Tennant fan…and even better, the shirts center around two of my favorite 10th Doctor jokes.

Doctor Who Shirt (1)

Here’s Mr. Tennant himself, with the 10th Doctor trademark phrase, “Allons-y!”  It’s French–means “Let’s go.”  And this brilliant video collecting the Doctor’s “Allons-y” moments will explain the fun of it far better than I can.

Doctor Who Shirt (2)

This is a 10th Doctor quote from the excellent episode “Blink,” and context…would not really explain much (though here’s the clip, if you want it–the quote above is about a minute and a half in).

Suffice to say, this was the Doctor’s explanation for some time travel weirdness, and the real fun of it is quoting it in Doctor Who (or general geek) discussions.  Anything not quite making logical sense?  Eh–it’s just wibbly wobbly, timey whimey.  The best is when you can get several fans together who will join in and recite in unison.  It’s happened to me. 🙂

All right, so much for your Saturday dose of geekdom! 🙂  Have a splendid weekend–and, of course, check out At Home with Books for more Saturday Snapshots.  Allons-y!

This entry was posted in Saturday Snapshot and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Saturday Snapshot: Doctor Who Shirts

1. Laura says:

“This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there’s stuff.” That always cracks me up. Even now when I’m typing it, it makes a smile tug at my mouth 😀

2. Cool finds♫ Not into Dr. Who but can identify with geeky fandom. Happy Sunday♥

3. irene says:

You hit a family of fans here too. Enjoy!

4. Awesome post! Even if I don’t quite get the Doctor Who fandom, yet. I’m about half way through season one right now and it’s a bit cheesy. I’ve been convinced to power through the first season because I’ve been told it becomes amazing. 🙂 Here’s my Saturday snapshot post.

• It can have its cheesy moments…Tennant comes in at the beginning of Season Two, so it’s at least worth watching that far and seeing if you like him. It may not be for everyone, but I do find it to be an amazing show!

5. I’m one of those strange people that has never seen Doctor Who… Crazy, I know. Nice t-shirts, always nice to come across a fun find! 🙂

Here is my SATURDAY SNAPSHOT post.

6. Suko says:

Fun snapshots! It’s not the easiest thing to photograph T-shirts (or any article of clothing). I’ve seen some Dr. Who shows fairly recently and I can understand why you’re a fan. 🙂

7. I love that second T-shirt. I liked David Tenant as Dr Who, but I’m not so keen on the current one. My all-time favourite is Tom Baker. I don’t think I missed an episode when he was doing it! My Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/DrAfs

8. David Tennant is my favorite Doctor, but Matt Smith is pretty cool too – he’s grown on me a lot. Those t-shirts are great! I’ve only got one Doctor Who shirt and it’s just a tardis image.

Love the t-shirts! I haven’t seen them over here yet – I’d get the bottom one for me. My son and daughter both have Dr Who sweatshirts with the tardis on them. Being a larger person, I couldn’t find one to fit me comfortably or I’d have one too. Enjoy wearing them! Love this post 🙂

Those are not your average fan T-shirts. They’re very “insider” with the quotes & all. Must be fun to wear around other Dr. Who fans!

11. I don’t know much of Dr. Who, except of course, “who” he is, but I love the second shirt. I should really start watching them and get with the program!

12. I love T-shirts and collecting them, especially when they remind us of special times in our lives. Thanks for sharing…and here’s MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

I definitely like the Allons-Y shirt. DT is my favourite doctor too- I don’t think any of the other doctors brought sexy to the role. My son and husband are huge Dr Who fans, and are busy planning a visit to Cardiff later this year to worship at the shrine.

Cool shirts! I’ve been a Who fan since the Tom Baker days.

15. I am a David Tennant fan too 😛

What fun to find another group that embraces the same things you do. My daughter is a Doctor Who fan, so I sometimes see the show due to proximity, but I’ve only ever seen the 11th doctor. I think she calls him the ADD doctor. Here’s Mine

17. Cath says:

I’m a ‘David Tennant as Dr. Who’ fan too. I like Matt Smith but DT is my overall favourite Dr. I love, love, love that 2nd. grey T shirt. Can’t wait for the 50th. anniversary episode!