Saturday Snapshot: Lord of the Rings Nostalgia

I’ve been working my way through the Lord of the Rings novels, and as part of the very elaborate process, I’ve also been rewatching the movies.  I saw them all when they originally came out, but never read the books then.  I did, however, collect bookmarks.  I think they were available at my school’s library–the memory has gone a little vague.  But I collected them some ten years ago, and haven’t much thought about them since.

However.  While I had never read the books, my dad had them, so they were in my house.  And in my typical, over-organized fashion, where else would I store LOTR bookmarks…but in copies of LOTR?  So in the course of reading the books (those same copies that were sitting there all along) I’ve also unearthed the bookmarks.

I somehow don’t have the set from Fellowship, but I do have Two Towers and Return of the King

Lord of the Rings Bookmarks (2)Lord of the Rings Bookmarks (3)The bookmarks are two-sided, and I’ve kept them in the same order so you can see which characters were paired.  Some make sense…others don’t.

Lord of the Rings Bookmarks (1)Lord of the Rings Bookmarks (4)My one regret here…no Faramir bookmark.  He gets more screentime in the Extended Edition and…I just love him (this scene!)  Ah well…aside from that, I’ve quite enjoyed rediscovering a collection I all but forgot I had. 🙂

Visit At Home with Books for more Saturday Snapshots!

This entry was posted in Saturday Snapshot and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Saturday Snapshot: Lord of the Rings Nostalgia

1. wow, those bookmarks looks so awesome! great condition, considering it’s over ten years old 😉 an big fan of your writing from Japan!

2. I’ve never read the books nor have I seen the movies:( Sad but true.

3. Those are fun, I have some myself. I didn’t read the LOTR books for the first time until after the movies came out too. I cherish both versions very much and enjoy dipping into Tolkien, and PJ’s adaptation of Tolkien, often.

4. mdott922 says:

My husband loves the LotR movies! Thanks for taking part in Saturday Snapshot!

I love it when I’m organised like that (although it’s pretty rare for me), and then completely disorganised so that I forget what I’ve done. I’ve never read LOTR, and wasn’t a great fan of the movies, but my DH loves both.

The finest of tales!

7. Sue Jackson says:

My sons would love these! We just (finally) saw The Hobbit on DVD.

I announced my summer reading challenge today – it’s very low-key – you only need to read at least one book over 400 pages this summer to participate. It was a lot of fun last year – check it out!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend –

Sue

Big Book Summer Challenge

8. You obviously looked after the booarks very well – and how interesting to rediscover them. My Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/hfGhV

9. So great that you have all of those book marks! I had some other ones from LOTR and I can’t find most of them now 😦

Here is my SATURDAY SNAPSHOT post.

What a cool surprise for you to find the bookmarks again! And where you kept them makes logical sense to me. 🙂

11. Swamp Adder says:

Ha, I got those bookmarks from my school’s library too! Most of them are ripped and bent now, though. Too much use.