Saturday Snapshot: Knitting Project

I have recently (very recently) learned how to knit.  Some of the credit goes to Robin McKinley, who waxes on about yarn occasionally on her blog, and Jessica Day George, whose book Princess of the Midnight Ball featured a hero who knits.  Mostly, though, it’s because of a friend who kindly taught me the basics.  Last weekend we had a “knitting and watch Jane Austen movies” get-together. 🙂

So I bought pretty yarn and knitting needles, and have started a scarf–because it seemed like the simplest of projects to begin with!

Knitting ProjectFor more Saturday Snapshots, visit our new host, West Metro Mommy.  Have a great weekend!

This entry was posted in Saturday Snapshot and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Saturday Snapshot: Knitting Project

Well done- I love the teal/green colour.

2. Good luck with your scarf. My knitting skills are very basic. I really should try to be a bit more adventurous and start a project too.

3. That’s really cool. I hear knitting is hard. That’s why I am starting with crochet though I haven’t gotten very far.

4. Wrighty says:

What a fun day! The colors of your scarf are so pretty. You’re doing a great job! I can do the basics with knitting and crocheting and have made a ton a scarves and a few baby blankets. It’s very relaxing but I haven’t cared to tackle tougher projects yet. I can’t wait to see what else you make!

5. Ginny says:

Oh, I am so happy to see someone else posting knitting photos. Was the Jane Austen movie Emma? I have special memories of that movie, as I watched it while in the early stages of labour.

I’m a beginning knitter too! Scarves are just where I’m at … maybe a baby blanket next …gotta keep it simple still! That teal yarn is lovely with the white!

Good for you to learn a new skill like that. I like your color choice.

8. K D Blakely says:

How cool is that! Love the colors. I know a couple great yarn shops if you are ever interested!

(I don’t knit but I do crochet scarves.)

9. Hilcia says:

Oh, knitting is one of my favorite hobbies. It’s soothing, a stress reliever, and there’s a great sense of accomplishment in the end. I also love that I can watch movies or follow my baseball games while making Christmas gifts for the family. 😀

10. Looks great for your first project! I want to learn to knit too.

11. Gorgeous! I love the colors…and wish I could knit. I tried once, but did a terrible job…lol

Here’s MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST