This week’s Book Blogger Hop question: Do you have a pet peeve about when someone posts a comment on your blog? For example, no link back to their blog.
Aww, I don’t have any pet peeves about commenters. I love comments! Well, if they’re from real people—I do get annoyed by spam comments that sneak past the spam filter, especially the ones that look almost like real comments and are only given away by their general vagueness and poor grammar. That’s my only comment pet peeve.
So I thought I’d flip this around and mention a couple of favorite things about comments. I love it when commenters…
- …talk to each other. Replies to other people’s comments are so much fun, especially when someone answers another reader’s question (often with better information than I have!)
- …tell me something interesting about the book or author I didn’t know. All the better if it’s an insight that addresses something I mentioned in the review as bothering me.
- …write virtual blog posts in response. I’m pretty sure there’s no length-limit to comments, and there really shouldn’t be!
- …give me a new book suggestion, or tell me they’re going to read something on my suggestion.
- …agree with me about a book—or argue with me! As long as it stays friendly and respectful all around, of course.
Bloggers out there, do you have pet peeves—or favorite things—about comments? Feel free to write a blog post, answer each other’s questions, or volunteer a book suggestion, but spammers are not welcome. 🙂