Saturday Snapshot: Quasimodo’s View of Paris

I’ve been reading The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo this week, so naturally I have the cathedral on the brain.  I already shared some photos in a previous Saturday Snapshot, though, so I had to come up with a new angle…like the view.

Notre Dame Views (2)The Seine and the Eiffel Tower, from one of Notre Dame’s towers.  I got lots of pictures of the Eiffel Tower and walked under it–I didn’t go up in it, because I was already planning to get the view from Notre Dame.

Notre Dame Views (3)This may look like a complete muddle of rooftops, but look for the gold statues near the center, with the blue dome behind them.  That’s the Opera Garnier, and what photography doesn’t manage to capture is how gloriously those statues seem to shine, even from a distance, even on a cloudy day.

Notre Dame Views (1)And this is not a view from the towers, but it is on a street a block away…  I wonder what Victor Hugo would think?

Visit West Metro Mommy for more Saturday Snapshots.  Have a great weekend!

This entry was posted in Saturday Snapshot and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Saturday Snapshot: Quasimodo’s View of Paris

1. Wonderful photos! I like the first shot particularly, and the second is interesting because of the Opera house.

2. Arti says:

It’s past Saturday, but I’m so behind in visiting all the Sat. Snapshot posts. I’ve seen a lot of Paris photos, and been there too just a few years ago, but these Quasimodo’s views are quite something. Also, thanks for visiting Ripple Effects.

3. Peggy@Peggy Ann's Post says:

What a view!

4. readerbuzz says:

Any day I get a look at Paris is a good day. Thank you!

Hugo rolls in his grave and mutters … :Sacre bleu! Tourist postcards? One can hardly get a sentence on the back of those things!”

6. Elizabeth says:

Soooooooooooooooo nice.

Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    My Saturday Snapshot

I’ve been to Paris three times now, and been stymied each time at trying to see that view. It’s so famous of course, iconic even. I’ve even been in the queue a few times to go up. One day I’ll see it, one day. I’ve seen many other views of Paris of course- and have one of them on Saturday Snapshot this week.

8. Vicki says:

I agree with the others, that first photo is amazing, not that I don’t like the other ones.
    Here’s My SS

9. Oh, I wish I’d been able to go to Paris this year! Your photo looking down on the city is breathtaking. http://chriscross53.blogspot.co.uk/

10. Anne says:

Wow. Wow. Wow. I want to go to Paris! Love the photos. Please take a look at my page:
    Anne’s Snapshot Saturday

11. Sue Jackson says:

Fabulous views! I went to Paris in high school and fell in love with the city (and the whole country!) – still trying to get back 😉

Thanks for sharing!

Sue

Book By Book

12. Beautiful shots…I envy you the experience. Here’s MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

That first photo is breathtaking. You could frame it and display it on a wall.