Summer is beginning, and that means an end to the springtime Once Upon a Time reading “challenge.” A couple weeks ago, actually…but I have a somewhat belated wrap-up post today!
This is always a laid-back challenge, and I have been particularly laid-back about it this year…because I started a new job at almost the same time the challenge began! A good problem, but still distracting…
I started well with reviews, but dropped off more recently. Here’s the break-down on fantasy reading over the past three months.
- Dearest by Alethea Kontis (fairy tale)
- The Animal Family by Randall Jarrell
- The Lost Hero and The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan (myth)
- A Question of Magic by E. D. Baker
- The Sleeper and the Spindle by Neil Gaiman (fairy tale)
- The Whisper by Aaron Starmer
- Seraphina and Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman
- The Last Dragonslayer by Jasper Fforde
- Witch’s Business by Diana Wynne Jones
- Moving Pictures by Terry Pratchett
- Stolen Magic by Gail Carson Levine
- The Ugly Stepsister by Aya Ling (fairy tale)
Even if I couldn’t focus as much as I like this year, I always love this challenge! Did you participate this year? What did you read that you enjoyed?
One thought on “Back from Fairylands”
As always Cheryl well done for reading so much for this challenge. I also took part and read 6 books (including both of yours) which I think is probably my best year ever 🙂